- 1 How do I resize or move a text box?
- 2 How do you move text?
- 3 Where would you click and hold to move a text box?
- 4 Why is there a box around my text in Word?
- 5 Which option changes a text box so that it automatically changes shape to fit longer text?
- 6 How do I lock a Word document so it doesn’t move?
- 7 How do I move text to the left in Word?
- 8 How would you insert a text box?
- 9 How do you move an object in Word?
- 10 What happens when information is copied?
How do I resize or move a text box?
To change the size of an existing text box, follow these steps:
- Click once on the information within the text box.
- Use the mouse to point to one of the handles.
- Drag the handle to resize the text box.
- Release the mouse button when the text box is the size you want.
How do you move text?
Like files and folders, there are many ways to move text once it is selected:
- Cut using Ctrl+X, move your cursor to the new location of text, then paste to the new location with Ctrl+V.
- Copy using Ctrl+C, move your cursor to the new location of text, then paste to the new location with Ctrl+V.
Where would you click and hold to move a text box?
Click the border of the WordArt, text box, or shape that you want to move. To move multiple text boxes or shapes, press and hold Ctrl while you click the borders. When the cursor changes to the four headed arrow, drag it to the new location. To move in small increments, press and hold Ctrl while pressing an arrow key.
Why is there a box around my text in Word?
The boxes surrounding text in your example document are frames. These can be removed by pressing Ctrl+Q (which reverts paragraph formatting to that of the underlying pararaph style). Of course, doing so will affect placement of text in the document.
Which option changes a text box so that it automatically changes shape to fit longer text?
Resize Shape to Fit Text: Select the text box and Right-click the text box and choose Format Shape. You see the Format Shape dialog box. Click the Text Box category. Choose an AutoFit option: Do Not AutoFit, Shrink Text on Overflow, or Resize Shape to Fit Text and then click the Close button.
How do I lock a Word document so it doesn’t move?
Click the “Insert” tab on the command ribbon, and then click “ Page Break ” in the Pages group. As a keyboard shortcut, press and hold the “Alt” key, press “N” and then press “B.”
How do I move text to the left in Word?
Move the mouse pointer over the Left Indent icon on the Ruler (the top icon), hold down the left mouse button, and drag (move) the mouse to the right to adjust the left paragraph margin. Word displays a dotted vertical line to show you where the paragraph’s new left margin will be.
How would you insert a text box?
Add a text box
- Go to Insert > Text Box, and then select Draw Text Box.
- Click or tap in the document, and drag to draw the text box the size that you want.
- To add text to a text box, select inside the text box, and then type or paste text. Notes:
How do you move an object in Word?
Move a picture, shape, text box, or WordArt
- Drag it to the new location.
- Press and hold Ctrl while pressing an arrow key to move in small increments.
- Press and hold Shift while you drag it to move the object horizontally or vertically only.
What happens when information is copied?
When information is copied, the original information remains unchanged. What technique would you use to move information from one slide to another slide?